Crenshaw County is named for Anderson Crenshaw, who was a judge.
Created: November 30, 1866
Luverne 1866 – present
County Courthouse – Luverne
Location: 295 Glenwood Avenue / East 3rd Street
Built: 1954 – 1955
Style: Arts Deco
Architect: Carl Herbert Lancaster, Jr.
Contractor: Jones & Hardy
Description: The building faces west and is a two story gray colored stone structure. The west front has a recessed center section with small canopy at the first story entrance. Above the entrance is a large window. The north and south wings extend from the main building and have no windows. There are stone murals on either side of the entrance section.
S – Covington County
Photos taken 2009