Coshocton County is named for the Delaware Native American word meaning “union of waters”.
Created: January 31, 1810
Coshocton 1810 – present
County Courthouse – Coshocton
Location: 349 Main Street / South 3rd Street
Built: 1873 – 1875
Style: Second Empire and Italianate
Architect: Carpenter & Williams of Meadville, Pennsylvania
Contractor: Carpenter & Williams of Meadville, Pennsylvania
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and stone structure. The south front has projecting center tower with entrance on the first story and rising five stories to a sloped roof with clock. The windows are narrow and arched. A wide eave runs along the top of the second story with recessed dormers and mansard roof on the third story. There is stone trim along the corners of the building. The building was renovated in 1951.
N – Holmes County
Photos taken 2011