Teton County is named for the Teton Range, which is named for the French word “teton” meaning “beast”.
Created: February 7, 1893
Choteau 1893 – present
County Courthouse – Choteau
Location: 101 Main Avenue / Division Street
Built: 1905 – 1906
Style: Renaissance Revival
Architect: John Gibson of Kalispell and George Shanley
Contractor: Lease and Richards of Great Falls
Description: The building faces north and is a two story gray colored sandstone structure. The north front has a large square sandstone tower rising four stories with a steep roof. The fourth story has an open section with columns. On the first story, there is a large arch with recessed entrance. There are small east and west one story wings.
N – Pondera County
E – Choteau County
Photos taken 2009