Cascade County is named for the Great Falls of the Missouri River which are located in the county.
Created: September 12, 1887
Great Falls 1887 – present
County Courthouse – Great Falls
Location: 415 2nd Avenue North / 4th Street North
Built: 1901 – 1902
Style: French Renaissance and Beaux Arts
Architect: H N Black & Frank Longstaff
Contractor: Lease & Richards of Great Falls.
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored sandstone block structure with slight modifications. On the south side, the columns are solid Tennessee marble rising to the roof line. In the center of the building is a round stone tower with dark green copper roof and Statue of Justice. The east and west project from the main building. In the interior, the halls and wainscoting are laid in mosaic tiling.
S – Meagher County
Photos taken 2006, 2009 and 2016