Bonner County is named for Edwin Bonner, who was a pioneer ferry operator on the Kootenai River in the area.
Created: February 21, 1907
Sandpoint 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Sandpoint
Location: 215 South First Avenue / Lake Street
Built: 1907 – 1908
Architect: George Williams
Contractor: Ignatz Weil
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building has a one story entrance on the southwest side. The original building is the northwest section. The roof line is flat. Additions were made in the 1930’s and in 1973. The building was renovated in 2012.
Note: The building was constructed in 1907 and then leased to Bonner County. The County later purchased the building in 1908 fearing that the rent would be increased.
County Administration – Sandpoint
Location: 1500 Highway 2 / Division Avenue
Built: 1972 – 1974
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick and concrete Federal style structure. The main entrance at the northwest corner has a large canopy supported by a large brick pillar. Above the entrance are three long vertical windows. The east part of the building has white concrete facing. The roof line is flat. The building was constructed as a Federal Building.
N – Boundary County
Photos taken 2006, 2009 and 2012