Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was a doctor and a soldier who ied in the Battle of Bunker Hill.
Created: January 5, 1833
Warrenton 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Warrenton
Location: 104 West Booneslick Road / South Market Street
Built: 1997 – 1998
Architect: Phillips Swager Associates of Peoria, Illinois
Contractor: Denien Construction of Wentzville
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick, stone and cement structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has a recessed center section with the entrance on the first story and peaked roof line. White colored columns form a semicircular overhang. There is stone trim at the corners and horizontal bands across the building. The base of the building is course stone.
Note: The first courthouse was built by Solomon Jenkins in 1838 at a cost of $2,600. The second courthouse was designed by Thomas W Brady of St. Louis and was constructed by Julius Conrad and Company at a cost of $40,000 in 1869. The building was torn down and the cupola preserved.
S – Franklin County
Courthouse Cupola 1869
Photos taken 2009