Androscoggin County is named for the Androscoggin Native American tribe who resided in the region.
Created: March 18, 1854
Auburn 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Auburn
Location: 2 Turner / Court Street
Built: 1857 – 1858
Architect: Gridley James Fox Byrant of Boston, Massachusetts
Contractor: Albert Currier
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building has a portico on the first story with balcony above. The windows are narrow and arched. On the center of the roof is a white colored cupola with gold colored dome. The roof is hipped. An addition was added to the west side in 1922. The architect was Jarry S Coombs and the contractor was George W Lane and Company.
N – Franklin County
Photos taken 2006 and 2014