Power County is named for the American Falls Power Plant.
Created: January 30, 1913
American Falls 1913 – present
County Courthouse – American Falls
Location: 543 Bannock Avenue / Idaho Street
Built: 1925 – 1926
Style: Prairie School and Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: C A Sundberg of Idaho Falls
Contractor: Bird Findlayson
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story red colored brick structure. The northwest front has a projecting central section with stone framed entrance on the first story and large window above on the second story. The windows have stone trim. The roof line is flat. Plumbing was done by M A Wortman.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Power County Courthouse
S – Oneida County
Photos taken 2011 and 2012