Franklin County is named for Franklin D Richards, who was an early Later Day Saints Church apostle.
Created: January 20, 1913
Preston 1913 – present
County Courthouse – Preston
Location: 39 West Oneida Street / State Street
Built: 1936 – 1939
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Hyrun C Pope
Contractor: O E Millard of Logan, Utah and Isakson & Morrin of Ogden, Utah
Description: The building faces north and is a three story white colored veneer of paint and sand rectangular structure. The north front has eleven bays with vertical dividers with windows between. Windows on the west and east sides are set behind concrete grillwork. The roof line is flat. The building was constructed as a Public Works Administration project. W F Thomas supervised the construction.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Franklin County Courthouse
E – Bear Lake County
S – Cache County, Utah
W – Oneida County
Photos taken 2011