Madison County is named for James Madison, who was the fourth President of the United States of America.
Created: February 18, 1913
Rexburg 1913 – present
County Courthouse – Rexburg
Location: 159 East Main Street / North 2nd East Street
Built: 1920 – 1921
Style: Beaux Arts / Classical Revival
Architect: C A Sundberg of Rexburg
Contractor: Charles Zollinger
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick structure.The south front has a projecting center section with recessed entrance having two columns on either side and balustrade on the second story. There are vertical dividers along the front. The roof line is flat. On the west and north sides are new additions.
Note: The first offices were leased in the old Webster–Winter building on East Main (upstairs above the Subway and Community Care). The old dance hall in the building was made into a court room and public and private offices, and a jail of four cells was built at the rear of the building.
County Administration – Rexburg
Location: 134 East Main Street / South 1st East Street
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The roof line is flat. Across the street to the northeast is the courthouse.
N – Fremont County
E – Teton County
W – Jefferson County
Photos taken 2011 and 2015