Teton County is named for the Grand Teton Range, which named for the French word “teton” meaning “beast”.
Created: January 26, 1915
Driggs 1915 – present
Old County Courthouse – Driggs
Location: 89 North Main Street / Wallace Avenue
Built: 1924 – 1925
Style: Prairie School and Classical Revival
Architect: C A Sundberg
Contractor: Charles Zollinger
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The west front has a central recessed entrance which is trimmed with stone. The center section projects slightly from the main building. There is a horizontal band below the roof line and there is trim on the corners. The roof line is flat.
County Courthouse – Driggs
Location: 150 Courthouse Drive
Built: 2008 – 2009
Architect: Plan One Architects of Driggs
Contractor: Headwaters Construction of Victor
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick, stone and concrete structure. The building is two blocks west of the old courthouse. The north front has a projecting center section with a recessed center having four columns rising to a wide header and recessed entrance. Above the second story windows is wide cornice. The roof line is flat and the building is surrounded by landscaped grounds.
N – Fremont County
E – Teton County, Wyoming
W – Madison County
Photos taken 2011 and 2012