Trinity County

US States / A-G / California / Trinity County
1044C13

Trinity County is named for the Trinity River, which was named after the town of Trinidad.

 

Created:  February 18, 1850

County Seat: 

Weaverville  1850 – present

 

County Courthouse – Weaverville 

 

Location:  11 Court Street / Main Street

Built:  1857

Style:  Federal / Commercial

Architect:  Henry Hocker

Contractor:  Henry Hocker

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story dark red colored brick and wood structure. The building was constructed as a hotel, store and saloon and was purchased by the board of supervisors in 1865. The south front has a central entrance and five French doors on the first story. The second story has an iron balcony and long vertical windows with small pediments above. There is a horizontal band running below the roof line. The rear section was constructed in 1935. The center section was constructed in 1958. In 1977 to 1978, an addition was constructed on the ast side. The architect was Raymond  L Birge & Associates and the contractor was A J McMurry Construction.

 

Note:  The courthouse is the second oldest courthouse in California after the oldest courthouse in Mariposa County and the third oldest courthouse in Colusa County.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Siskiyou County 

E – Shasta County and Tehama County

S – Mendocino County

W – Humboldt County 

 

 

 

0760c15

 

 

1045c13

 

 

1046c13

 

 

1048c13

 

 

1049c13

 

 

1051c13

 

 

1052c13

 

 

1054c13

 

 

1055c13 .

 

 

0768c15

 

 

0769c15

 

 

0770c15

 

 

0771c15

 

 

0772c15

 

 

0773c15

Photos taken 2013 and 2015