Greene County is named for Nathanael Greene, who was a general in the American Revolutionary War.
Created: April 18, 1783
Greeneville 1783 – present
County Courthouse – Greeneville
Location: 101 South Main Street / Depot Street
Built: 1915 – 1916
Architect: Thomas S Brown
Contractor: N H Franklin
Description: The building faces west and is a two story yellow colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The west front has a porch with three white colored columns and pediment above at the roof line. The entrance is recessed. On the north side is another porch with columns. There is stone trim along the corners.
S – Madison County, North Carolina
Photos taken 2012