Boyle County is named for John Boyle, who was the Chief Justice of the Kentucky Court of Appeals from 1810 to 1826.
Created: February 15, 1842
Danville 1842 – present
County Courthouse – Danville
Location: 321 West Main Street / North 4th Street
Built: 1860 – 1862
Architect: James R Carrigan and Sammuel Sloan
Contractor: James R Carrigan
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The south front has a high portico rising above the three white entrance doorways. Four white columns rise from the base to top of the second story. Atop the front of the building is a large white square with octagonal white wood cupola rising to a clock at the top and a small gray dome. On the north side of the building is the large three story brown-red colored brick annex with the courthouse square in the southwest corner of the site. In 1899, an addition was constructed.
N – Mercer County
E – Garrard County
Photos taken 2007