Casey County is named for William Casey, who was a soldier during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: November 14, 1806
Liberty 1806 – present
County Courthouse – Liberty
Location: 625 Campbellsville Street / Hustonville Street
Built: 1888 – 1889
Architect: H P McDonald Brothers of Louisville
Contractor: McCoy and Milbern
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red-brown colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on Courthouse Square. The northeast front has a central stone portico with large arched stone entrance. On the northeast corner is a four story square bell tower with open section at the top and steep green colored roof. The second story windows have stone arches. There is a green colored hipped roof. The stone mason was Thomas D Dunhauser.
See: The architect H P McDonald and Brothers of Louisville, Kentucky.
County Judicial Center – Liberty
Location: 231 Courthouse Drive / Campbellsville Street
Built: 2003 – 2004
Architect: Architecture Plus of Georgetown and Brighton Architect and Engineering Inc. of Frankfort
Contractor: A+ Construction and D W Wilburn Inc.
Description: The building faces northeast.and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is “V” shaped with a central tower having the entrance on the first story, recessed window on the second story, open arched section on the third story and steep green colored roof at the top. The roof is hipped.
Note: Architecture Plus of Georgetown went out of business without finishing its work on the building and forced the Fiscal Court to hire a new architect and engineering firm. At the recommendation of the Casey Project Development Board, Fiscal Court hired Brighton Architect and Engineering Inc. of Frankfort to finish the work. The contractor hired was D W Wilburn Inc.
N – Boyle County
E – Lincoln County
Pictures taken 2014