Crawford County

US States / O-U / Ohio / Crawford County
0993O15

Crawford County is named for William Crawford, who was a hero of the American Revolutionary War.

 

Created:  April 1, 1820

County Seat:

Bucyrus  1807 – present

 

County Courthouse – Bucyrus 

 

Location:  112 East Mansfield Street / North Walnut Street

Built:  1854 – 1856

Style:  Greek Revival

Architect:  O S Kinney of Cleveland

Contractor:  Auld & Miller

 

Description:  The building faces south and  is a three story buff colored rusticated sandstone blocks structure. A stone-clad exterior was placed over the original brick front façade. The south front has a large portico with six high Corinthian columns which support the entablature and pediment above. The recessed entrance has a one story portico with two columns and a balcony on the second story. A green colored balustrade runs along the roof line. On the roof is a high square tower with columns and round drum with copper colored dome at the top. An addition was added in 1893. The architect was J L Assenheimer. In 1906 to 1908, the building was extensively remodeled. The architect was Harlan F Jones of Mansfield and the contractor was A E Hancock

 

Courthouses: 

N – Seneca County and Huron County

E – Richland County

S – Morrow County and Marion County

W – Wyandot County

 

 

 

0992o15

 

 

0994o15

 

 

0995o15

 

 

0996o15

 

 

0998o15

 

 

0999o15

 

 

1001o15

Photos taken 2015