Fairfield County is named for the beauty of its “fair fields”.
Created: December 9, 1800
Lancaster 1800 – present
County Courthouse – Lancaster
Location: 210 East Main Street / South High Street
Built: 1868 – 1871
Architect: Jacob B Orman
Contractor: Blaire and Ebner
Description: The building faces north and is a two story yellow colored stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and is rectangular constructed of locally quarried stone. The north front has a small central arch and is flanked by inner Corinthian columns and an outer Corinthian pilaster. The door is located inside a recessed portico and is topped by a fanlight. The windows are arched. A cornice runs between the first and second stories. The eave along the roof line projects from the building and has filigree. The flat roof is supported by an entablature with urns on the corners. The building now serves as the County Administration.
County Hall of Justice – Lancaster
Location: 224 East Main Street / South High Street
Built: 1973 – 1975
Architect: Bletzacker & DeVolt of Lancaster
Contractor: Paul Construction Company Inc. of Zanesville
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick structure. The first story has a projecting center entrance section on the first story. There is a hipped roof with dormers.
N – Licking County
E – Perry County
County Hall of Justice
Photos taken 2012 and 2018