Franklin County is named for Benjamin Franklin, who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence and who lived from 1706 to 1790.
Created: April 30, 1803
Columbus 1803 – present
County Courthouse – Columbus
Location: 345 South High Street / West Mound Street
Built: 2008 – 2010
Architect: Design Group Inc. and Arquitectonica
Contractor: Gilbane Building Company
Description: The building faces south and is a seven story concrete and glass structure. The south front has a two story canopy supported by square pillars with glass walls on the west side with glass entrance. A tower rises on the west side above the roof line. The upper stories have horizontal dividers and glass walls. The roof line is flat.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1840. The second courthouse was designed by George Maetzel and built in 1887.
See: Located in the county is the Ohio Court of Appeals – Columbus.
N – Delaware County
S – Pickaway County
Photos taken 2015 and 2018