Kamouraska Judicial District is named for the Algonquin word meaning “where rushes grow at the water edge”.
District: Kamouraska Judicial District
Riviere du Loup
Palais de Justice – Riviere du Loup
Location: 33 Rue de la Cour / Rue Deslauriers
Built: 1882 – 1883
Style: Second Empire
Architect: Pierre Gauvreau of the Quebec Department of Public Works
Contractor: Francois Lachance
Description: The building faces northwest and is a four story red colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city centre. The northwest front has a central tower with entrance on the first story and rising to a mansard roof. The fourth story has a mansard roof. An annex was constructed in 1901 and in 1909 both designed by William Lachance of the Quebec Department of Public Works and the contractor was Elzear Charet & Sons. Another annex was constructed in 1932. The architect was Sylva Frappier. Another annex was constructed in 1957. The architect was Leopold Fontaine.
Other Historic Palais de Justice
Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016 and 2018