Rimouski Judicial District is named for the Seigneurie of Rimouski which extended along the St. Lawrence River and the name is derived from the Micmac Indian word meaning “land of the moose”.
District: Rimouki Judicial District
Palais de Justice – Rimouski
Location: 183 Boulevard de la Cathedrale / Rue Sainte Marie
Built: 1951 – 1953
Architect: Maurice Mainguy
Contractor: Emile Saint Pierre
Description: The building faces north and is a three story concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds..
Other Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016