Old Palais de Justice – L’Isle Verte
Location: 199 Rue St-Jean-Baptiste / Rue Louis Bertram
Built: 1859 – 1860
Style: Regency / English Cottage
Architect: Benjamin Dionne
Contractor: Benjamin Dionne
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story white colored wood frame structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The northwest front has a central entrance with steep roof with dormer. At the top is a small square white coloured cupola with steep roof. The windows are vertical. In 1882, the building ceased to serve as the courthouse.
See: The Kamouraska Judicial District palais de justice is located in Riviere du Loup.
Old Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016