Charlevoix Judicial District is named for Pierre Francois Xavier de Charlevoix, who was a French Jesuit explorer and historian.
District: Charlevoix Judicial District
Palais de Justice – La Malbaie
Location: 30 Chemin de la Vallee / Rue du Souvenir
Built: 1858 – 1863
Architect: Frederick Preston Rubidge of the Department of Public Works
Contractor: Henry Benson Sinclair and Joseph Skelsey ( 1859 to 1860 ) and Simon Xavier Cimon ( 1860 to 1861 )
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story grey coloured stone structure. The building is located on spacious grounds at the top of a hill. The southwest front has a projecting centre section with central entrance and pediment at the roof line. The complex includes the prison. An annex on the northeast side was designed by C A Lemay and constructed in 1930 to 1931. Another annex was designed by Blaise Marchand of the Quebec Department of Public Works in 1960 to 1961.
Other Historic Palais de Justice
S – Quebec District
Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016