Montmagny Judicial District is named for Hault de Montmagny, who was the first governor and lieutenant general of New France from 1636 to 1648.
District: Montmagny Judicial District
Palais de Justice – Montmagny
Location: 110 Avenue Jacques Cartier / Rue du Palais de Justice
Built: 1859 – 1862
Architect: Frederick Preston Rubidge of the Department of Public Works
Contractor: Sinclair & Skelsey ( 1859–1960 ) and Charles Peters ( 1860 –1862 )
Description: The building faces south and is a two story grey coloured stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city centre. The south front has a slightly projecting centre section with entrance on the first story, three arched windows on the second story and pediment at the roof line. There are east and west wings. On the north side, a new addition was constructed with glass walls on the second story and recessed first story. The roof line is flat. An annex was constructed in 1915. The architect was Georges Saint Michael and the contractor was Beaumont & Boulanger. An addition was constructed from 1956 to 1957. The architect was Leopold Fontainr of the Quebec Department of Public Works. The building was renovated and enlarged from 2012 to 2014. The architect was CCM2 Architects and Odette Roy Architect.
Other Historic Palais de Justice
E – Maine
Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016