Northampton County is named for the County of Northampton in England.
Created: October 14, 1751
Easton 1751 – present
County Courthouse – Easton
Location: 669 Washington Street / 7th Street
Built: 2003 – 2005
Architect: Ricci Greene Associates of New York, New York
Contractor: Alvin H Butz of Allentown
Description: The building faces west and is a four story stone, glass and concrete structure. The building faces west and was completed in 2005. The west front has a round tower with stone facing and large glass windows and with pointed roof above. A glass atrium connects to the rectangular main building on the east side. The roof line is flat. Along the northeast side is the triangular Administration Building.
Old County Courthouse – Easton
Location: 669 Washington Street / Walnut Street
Built: 1860 – 1861
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: C Graham
Description: The building faces north and is a two story blue colored brick story structure. The building is located on hill in landscaped grounds. The north front has a large portico with five large white colored columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. Above the pediment rises a high white colored tiered tower. The west wing and rear section were added in 1887. The architect was John M Stewart. The east wing was added in 1913. The architect was A W Leh In 1921, the west wing was further extended. The architect was Edward Bitting. In 1976, the building was attached to the Administration Building by a covered hallway. The building was renovated in 2011 to 2012. The architect was Artefact Inc. and the contractor was Alfero Company Inc. The building is connected to the courthouse on the south side. Along the east side is the jail.
E – Warren County, New Jersey
S – Bucks County
W – Lehigh County
Photos taken 2011