Location: 500 South Duval Street / West Pensacola Street
Built: 1947 – 1948
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: James Gamble Rogers II and Yonge and Hart
Contractor: J A Jones Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is one of the three buildings of the Capitol Center. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Tallahassee on the west side of the State Capitol and was dedicated on December 29, 1948. Originally the Supreme Court has been located on the second story in the south wing of the Old State Capitol. In 1913, it moved to the first Supreme Court Building. The building is two stories and has a Doric portico and dome. The east entrance leads into the rotunda under the low wide dome. The Supreme Court Chamber is located in the center of the building. The building is simplified in detail, and houses the Supreme Court, Supreme Court Library and Clerks offices.
See: The Florida Supreme Court is located in Leon County.
See: The architect Yonge and Hart also designed the courthouse in Liberty County.
Florida Supreme Court – Tallahassee
Old Supreme Court Chamber in State Capitol
Photos taken 2009, 2015 and 2018