District Courthouse – Uxbridge
Location: 261 South Main Street / Quaker Highway
Built: 1968 – 1970
Architect: Masiello and Associates, Architects, Inc. of Worcester
Contractor: Innamarati Brothers inc.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds with a slope extending south.. The north front has a recessed center section with glass paneled entrance on the second story. The roof line extends from the building and in the center is a raised section. Along the east, south and west sides are vertical brick dividers. The building houses the Second District Court of Southern Worcester.
Old Courthouse – Uxbridge
Location: Court Street / North Main Street
Built: 1818 – 1819
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and wood structure. The building faces onto the Uxbridge Common. The building is rectangular with three entrances along the south front. The roof is hipped. The lower story was used as a courthouse from 1867 until 1970 and is now a Masonic lodge.
See: The Worcester County courthouse is located in Worcester
Photos taken 2017