Franklin County is named for Benjamin Franklin, who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence and who lived from 1706 to 1790.
Created: March 1, 1843
Winnsboro 1843 – present
Parish Courthouse – Winnsboro
Location: 6550 Main Street / Pine Street
Built: 1950 – 1951
Architect: John W Baker and Neild-Somdal-Associates
Contractor: J A Harper
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick structure. The center section rises three stories with a central recessed entranced framed with stone. The east and west wings are one story. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated and an addition was added in 1980. The architect was William R Burk – Associates and E Ray Couchran – Associate of Winnsboro and the contractor was Earl Walker Construction Company of Sicily Island.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W S Hull and constructed by F B & W S Hull Construction Company.
N – Richland Parish
Photos taken 2011