Old Palais de Justicse – Vaudreuil
Location: 420 Avenue Saint Charles / Rue Sainte-Julie
Built: 1859 – 1860
Architect: Alolphe Moffat
Contractor: Narcisse Prevost
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story grey coloured stone and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and is now the Mussee Regional de Vaudreuil-Soulanges. An annex was constructed on the south side in 1932. The architect was Leopold Fontaine of the Quebec Department of Public Works and the contractor was J Amable Danis.
Note: The courthouse was one of the first courthouses in Quebec. The art in the building was done by Celestin Matier and by M Humphaess and Joseph Larocque
See: The Beauharnois Judicial District palais de justice is located in Salaberry de Valleyfield.
Photos taken 2016