Queens County was named for Catherine of Braganza, who was Queen of England and the wife of King Charles II of England and for Queens County, New York in the United States from where a number of settlers came.
County Created : 1785 ( one of the 8 original counties )
Gagetown 1785 – present
Old Courthouse – Gagetown
Location: 16 Courthouse Road / Babbit Street
Built: 1836 – 1838
Style: Second Empire / Italianate
Architect: John Cunningham of Saint John
Contractor: John Glass
Description: The building faces east and is a two story white coloured wood structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the village centre. The east front has a large portico with four white coloured columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof. The windows are vertical and the roof is hipped. The large courtroom with second story balcony is located along the west side. The building was closed when the court moved to Burton in Sunbury County and is now occupied by the Queens County Courthouse Museum.
N – Kent County
W – Sunbury County
Photos taken 2018