Old Carrollton Parish Courthouse – New Orleans
Location: 719 South Carrollton Street / Hampson St
Built: 1854 – 1855
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Henry Howard
Contractor: Frederick Wing and Robert Crozier
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story white colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in Carrollton in the west part of New Orleans. The northwest front has four high white colored columns rising to a pediment above the roof line. The building was the Audubon Charter School and now stands vacant. The Town of Carrollton was annexed by the City of New Orleans in 1874 and the county seat moved to Harvey and then to Gretna.
See: The Jefferson Parish courthouse is located in Gretna.
Old Carrollton Parish Courthouse
Photos taken 2011 and 2019