Teton County is named for the Grand Teton Range, which was named for the French word “teton” meaning “beast”.
Created: February 15, 1921
Jackson 1921 – present
County Courthouse – Jackson
Location: 180 South King Street / East Simpson Avenue
Built: 1966 – 1968
Architect: Kellogg and Kellogg
Contractor: Reiman Wuerth Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story flagstone, concrete and glass structure. The west front has a projecting entrance on the first story with glass windows and door. The building is faced with flagstone and has vertical dividers between the windows. The roof is peaked. The building was remodeled in 1995. The architect was Ward / Blake and the contractor was KM Construction.
Old County Courthouse – Jackson
Location: 180 South Cache Street / East Simpson Avenue
Description: The building faces west and is a one story wood frame and fieldstone structure. The west front has a wide porch with recessed central entrance. The roof is hipped. The building is now privately owned.
County Administration – Jackson
Location: 200 South Willow Road / East Simpson Street
Built: 1995 – 1996
Architect: Berlin Architects
Contractor: Continental Construction Inc.
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story wood and stone structure. The roof line is flat.
N – Park County
Photos taken 2009 and 2011