Sweetwater County is named for the Sweetwater River which a tributary of the North Platte River.
Created: December 27, 1867
Green River 1868 – present
County Courthouse – Green River
Location: 80 West Flaming Gorge Way / North Center Street
Built: 1965 – 1967
Architect: Kellogg & Kellogg
Contractor: L M Olson, Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building sits on a slope and has vertical dividers along the south side with glass windows on the main story and lattice work on the upper stories. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1876 and was enlarged in 1908. The building was demolished.
Sweetwater Circuit Court – Green River
Location: 177 North Center Street / West 2nd North Street
Built: 1906 – 1907
Style: Classical Revival
Description: The building faces east and is a one story buff colored brick structure. The east front has a portico with two columns rising to a wide pediment. The red colored roof is hipped. The building is located on a slope with steps descending along the slope. The building was constructed as a library and in 1981, the building was converted into a court facility and county office. The architect was Dolence & Frullo and the contractor was Constatini Construction Company Inc.
E – Carbon County
Photos taken 2009 and 2013