Park County is named for the Yellowstone National Park which comprises most of the county.
Surrounding County Courthouses:
W – Gallatin County, Montana
Created: February 15, 1909
Cody 1909 – present
County Courthouse – Cody
Location: 1002 Sheridan Avenue / 10th Street
Built: 1911 – 1912
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Link & Haire
Contractor: Gagnon & Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Cody. The north front has two large columns rising to a header at the top of the second story. The center section projects from the main building. On the center of the roof is a large square white colored cupola with clock. The building houses the County District Court and County Circuit Court of the 5th Judicial District. The building was restored in 1985. The architect was Drake, Gustafson and Associates and the contractor was Julien Construction Company. On the west side is the County Courthouse Addition constructed flagstone added in 1983. The building is rectangular with flagstone and buff colored brick. The architect was Drake, Gustafson and Associates and the contractor was Morgen & Oswood Construction Company.
See: The architect, John G Link of Montana ( in association with Charles S Haire and others ) designed courthouses in Montana in Big Horn County, Carter County, Custer County, Dawson County, Granite County, McCone County, Musselshell County, Richland County, Rosebud County, Sheridan County and Silver Bow County; in Oregon in Jackson County and in Wyoming in Sheridan County and Washakie County.
History: The county was created in 1909 and Cody was selected as the county seat. The county offices were located in the Spencer Building on the southeast corner of Rumsey Street and 12th Street. The first and present courthouse was constructed in 1911 to 1912 at a cost of $55,000. The County Courthouse Addition was constructed in 1983.
Satellite County Courthouse – Cody
Location: 109 West 14th Street / Road 9
Description: The building faces south and is a two story yellow colored concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds to the north of the center of Powell. The rectangular shaped building has a central entrance on the south front. Vertical concrete dividers separate the small windows. The roof is flat. The building houses the County Circuit Court of the 5th Judicial District.
County Courthouse – Cody
County Courthouse Addition – Cody
Yellowstone National Park
Photos taken 2009 and 2011