Johnson County is named for E P Johnson, who was an attorney in Cheyenne.
Created: December 8, 1875
Buffalo 1881 – present
County Courthouse – Buffalo
Location: 76 North Main Street / Fort Street
Architect: Edward Curran and James Curran
Contractor: Edward Curran and James Curran
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick structure. The building sits atop a low hill. The east front has a recessed center section with an arched entrance on the first story. A wide white horizontal belt runs below the roof line, and there is a peaked roof at the east front. An addition was added on the west side.
County Justice Center – Buffalo
Location: 620 West Fetterman Street / South Cedar Street
Built: 2010 – 2011
Architect: GSG Architecture of Casper
Contractor: Groathouse Construction Inc. of Laramie
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff and red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building has a series of peaked roofs. On the south side is a large porch supported by five large wood columns. The one story west entrance projects from the main building. Along the north side of the building are columns of small stones.
N – Sheridan County
E – Campbell County
Photos taken 2009 and 2013