Albany County is named for the City of Albany in New York State which was named for the Duke of York and Albany who later became King James II of England.
Created: December 16, 1868
Laramie 1868 – present
County Courthouse – Laramie
Location: 525 East Grand Avenue / 6th Street
Built: 1931 – 1932
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Wilbur H Hitchcock and William Dubois
Contractor: C B Jenson
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored flagstone structure. At the south front, there is a three arch entrance extending from the building. Above the entrance is a large arched window rising from the second story to the third story. The third story windows are arched. The corners protrude in descending tiers.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Dupene and Gumry and constructed by Edward Ivinson and Peter Gumry in 1871 to 1872.
N – Converse County
W – Carbon County
Photos taken 2007 and 2015