Winnebago County is named for the Winnebago Native American tribe.
Created: January 6, 1840
Oshkosh 1840 – present
County Courthouse – Oshkosh
Location: 415 Jackson Street / Algoma Boulevard
Built: 1937 – 1939
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Frank L Venning of Granger & Bollenbacher, Architects of Chicago, Illinois
Contractor: Lundoff-Bicknell Company of Cleveland, Ohio
Description: The building faces southeast and is a three story limestone clad structure. The windows on the second and third stories are a continuous long narrow window. The southeast front has a recessed entrance bordered with designs in the stone trim.
Photos taken 2007