Washington County is named for George Washington, who was the first President of the United States from 1789 to 1797.
Created: December 7, 1836
West Bend 1836 – present
Old County Courthouse – West Bend
Location: 320 South 5th Street / Chestnut Street
Built: 1889 – 1890
Architect: H C Koh of Milwaukee
Contractor: William Blaeser Jr.
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and stone structure.
County Courthouse – West Bend
Location: 432 East Washington Street / Indiana Avenue
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Ray R Gauger
Contractor: Charles D Smith & Son
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick, stone and concrete structure. The center section rises higher above the east and west wings and has vertical windows on the second story. The roof line is flat. An addition was constructed in 1980.
E – Ozaukee County
S – Waukesha County
W – Dodge County
Photos taken 2007