Walworth County is named for Reuben Hyde Walworth, who was a New York judge.
Created: December 7, 1836
Elkhorn 1836 – present
County Judicial Center – Elkhorn
Location: W4051 County Road ( north side County NN )
Built: 2003 – 2004
Architect: Ayers Associates Inc of Eau Claire and Plunkett Raysich ( Ebling-Plunkett & Keymar ) of Milwaukee
Contractor: J P Cullen and Sons
Description: The building faces south and is a brick and glass structure. The building is constructed with a yellow colored brick. The east section is four stories with few windows except for a large glass area above the extended entrance. On the west, the building is three stories with small windows along the first story and four large glass areas above.
County Administration – Elkhorn
Location: 100 West Walworth Street / North Wisconsin Street
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Ebling-Plunkett & Keymar of Milwaukee
Contractor: Moran Construction Company of Elm Grove
Description: The building faces south and is a two story concrete and glass structure. Vertical concrete dividers separate the recessed windows, with the first floor base being faced with stone. At the main south entrance a concrete slab forms a portico over the glass doorway. On the west side is a wing.
W – Rock County
Photos taken 2007