Price County is named for W T Price, who was a Wisconsin state legislator.
Created: February 26, 1879
Phillips 1879 – present
County Courthouse – Phillips
Location: 126 Cherry Street / North Lake Avenue
Built: 1966 – 1967
Architect: Gauger & Associates, Inc. of St. Paul, Minnesota
Contractor: Precour Construction Company of Oskosh
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The east front is divided by vertical concrete dividers and smaller horizontal dividers. Two panels are finished with yellow colored stone, and the southerly panel has the county crest. The entrance has a small concrete overhang. Along the roof line is a wide concrete cornice and is flat.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1880 and burned in 1895. The previous courthouse was built by Henry Laycock in 1895.
S – Taylor County
Photos taken 2007 and 2010