Langlade County

US States / V-Z / Wisconsin / Langlade County
Langlade

Langlade County is named for Charles Michel de Langlade, who was an adventurer and soldier.

 

Created:  February 19, 1880

County Seat: 

Antigo  1880 – present

 

County Courthouse – Antigo

 

Location:  800 Clermont Street / 3rd Avenue

Built:  1904 – 1905

Style:  Classical Revival

Architect:  Frank W Kinney & Meno S Detweiler of Minneapolis, Minnesota

Contractor:  Prince Construction Company of Minneapolis, Minnesota

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red colored sandstone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city and has a portico with arched entrance at the top of double stairs on the first story and with two columns on the second story and pediment above. On the center of the roof is a square stone tower with black colored dome. On the north side is the County Administration.

 

County Administration – Antigo

 

0073mc08

 

Location: 800 Clermont Street / 3rd Avenue

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a one story red colored brick structure. The roof line is flat.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Oneida County and Forest County

E – Forest County and Oconto County

S – Menominee County, Shawano County and Marathon County

W – Marathon County and Lincoln County

 

 

 

0069mc08

County Courthouse

 

 

0071mc08

 

 

0072mc08

 

 

0074mc08

Photos taken 2007 and 2008