Jefferson County

US States / V-Z / Wisconsin / Jefferson County
Jefferson

Jefferson County is named for Thomas Jefferson, who was President of the United States from 1801 to 1809.

 

Created:  December 7, 1836

County Seat: 

Jefferson  1836 – present

 

County Courthouse – Jefferson

 

Location:  320 South Main Street / East Dodge Street

Built:  1966 – 1967

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Waterman, Fuge & Associates

Contractor:  Mass Brothers

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a two story stone, brick and concrete structure. On the north side of the building there is a polished red stone center section divided by vertical black pillars and cornice. On either side of the center section is white polished stone facing, with a block of windows in the west section. The rest of the building has light colored flag stone facing. Around the building is an alteration of the different stone facings.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Dodge County

E – Waukesha County

S – Racine County and Walworth County

W – Dane County

 

 

 

497lm07

 

 

498lm07

Photos taken 2007