Jackson County is named for Andrew Jackson, who was the 7th President of the United States from 1829 to 1837.
Created: February 11, 1853
Black River Falls 1853 – present
County Courthouse – Black River Falls
Location: 307 Main Street / North 3rd Street
Built: 1878 – 1879
Architect: Nowland and Wilcox of Janesville
Contractor: Nowland and Wilcox of Janesville
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city and has a large square tower at the south front. The building expands east and west forming the center section. A wide band of stone trims the roof line. The upper part of the tower was removed in 1937 and an addition was added on the north side. A further addition was added on the north side in 1966.
Photos taken 2006 and 2008