Green Lake County

US States / V-Z / Wisconsin / Green Lake County
Green Lake

Green Lake County is named for Green Lake, which is the deepest lake in Wisconsin.

 

Created:  March 5, 1858

County Seat: 

Green Lake  1858 – present

 

County Courthouse – Green Lake

 

Location:  492 Hill Street / Mill Street

Built:  1899 – 1900

Style:   Neo-Classical

Architect:  William Waters

Contractor:   E E Stevens

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The south front has a large portico supported by two square red brick pillars and two ironic white columns. There is a smaller portico on the east side supported by two square red brick pillars. There is a white stone base. A white horizontal band divided the first and second stories. An addition was added to the north and west sides of the building.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Waushara County

E – Winnebago County and Fond du Lac County

S – Dodge County and Columbia County

W – Marquette County

 

 

 

0155k07

 

 

0156k07

Photos taken 2007