Fond du Lac County is named for the French words meaning “bottom of the lake” referring to the location of the county.
Created: December 7, 1836
Fond du Lac 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Fond du Lac
Location: 160 South Macy Street / West 2nd Street
Built: 1980 – 1981
Architect: Peterson, Twohig & Due of Fond du Lac
Contractor: Hutter Construction Company of Fond du Lac
Description: The building faces east and is a three story glass and concrete structure. The brownish colored building has copper tinted windows. Horizontal concrete slab divide the floors. The main entrance on the west center has a square concrete portico. A low two story wing connects with a wing on the south side.
West – Green Lake County