Webster County is named for Daniel Webster, who was a statesman, senator and the United States Secretary of State.
Created: January 10, 1860
Webster Springs 1860 – present
County Courthouse – Webster Springs
Location: 2 Court Square / Main Street
Built: 1895 – 1896
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: Frenzhein & Gesey of Wheeling
Contractor: W W McCoy of Marietta, Ohio
Description: The building faces northwest and is a four story stone structure. The building sits on a hill with a view northwest over the town. The northwest front has a recessed arched central entrance on the first story. On the second story are three large arched windows. The slightly projecting center section rises to a short tower with steep roof. On the northeast side of the building is the Jail and Sheriff Residence.
Photos taken 2012