Tucker County is named for Henry St. George Tucker, who was a United States Congressman and a judge of the Virginia Supreme Court.
Created: March 7, 1856
Parsons 1856 – present
County Courthouse – Parsons
Location: 215 1st Street / Walnut Street
Built: 1898 – 1900
Style: Flemish Renaissance and Romanesque Revival
Architect: Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC
Contractor: P Q Shrake
Description: The building faces south and is a three story dark red colored brick and stone Flemish Renaissance and Romanesque Revival style structure. The south front has a high central square red colored brick tower with clock and steep roof at the top. On the east side of the tower is a large stone arch with recessed entrance and behind it rises a round tower with conical roof. On the west side is a projecting two story section with the main building rising at a gabled roof.
See: The architect Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC.
E – Grant County
W – Barbour County
Photos taken 2012