Mingo County is named for the Mingo Native American tribe.
Created: January 30, 1895
Williamson 1895 – present
County Courthouse – Williamson
Location: 75 East 2nd Avenue / Court Street
Built: 1964 -1966
Architect: William R Frampton and Walter S Donati
Contractor: Neighborgall Construction Company of Huntington
Description: The building faces east and is a two story cream colored limestone structure. The east front has a central entrance trimmed with dark stone. The windows are vertical with panel between and divided by vertical dividers. The base of the building is dark colored stone and the roof line is flat.
Note: Also involved in the construction of the courthouse were Roanoke Iron & Bridge Works Inc. and Dover Elevator Company.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Frank Pierce Milburn and constructed by Charles A Moses in 1904.
Photos taken 2012