Lewis County is named for Charles Lewis, who was a soldier during the American Revolutionary War and who was killed at the Battle of Point Pleasant in 1774.
Created: December 18, 1816
Weston 1817 – present
County Courthouse – Weston
Location: 110 Center Street / 1st Street
Built: 1886 – 1888
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: W J Kitson
Contractor: P M Hale
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story white colored brick structure. The northwest front has a porch with balcony on the second story. The center section is recessed with the north and south bays projecting. Above the center section rises a square tower with dome. On the north and south sides at the back of the building are two octagonal cupolas with white domes. The cornice along the roof line projects. On the southeast side is a new addition constructed in 1979. The architect was R L Smith Architectural Associates of Charleston and the contractor was McAnallen Corporation of Clarksburg.
County Judicial Annex – Weston
Location: 113 Court Street / Bank Street
Built: 2012 – 2013
Architect: Silling Architects of Charlerston
Contractor: March-Westin Company Inc. of Morgantown
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure.
N – Harrison County
E – Upshur County
S – Webster County
Photos taken 2012