Greenbrier County is named for the Greenbrier River which flows through the county.
Created: October 20, 1777
Lewisburg 1782 – present
County Courthouse – Lewisburg
Location: 200 North Court Street / Randolph Street
Built: 1837 – 1838
Architect: John W Dunn
Contractor: John W Dunn
Description: The building faces west and is a three story red colored brick structure. The original building stands in the center with a north two story wing and a south two story wing built in 1937 and 1963. The west front has a large portico supported by four white colored columns and rising to a pediment with fanlight. On the center of the roof is a white colored cupola with open arches and silver colored roof. The building descends east down a slope with the basement being at ground level.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Greenbrier County Courthouse
Photos taken 2012