Location: Capitol Complex
Built: 1912 – 1920
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Walter R. Wilder and Harry K. White of New York, New York
Contractor: Hans Peterson of Seattle
Description: The building faces south and is a three story sandstone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds of the Capitol Complex on the north side of the State Capitol. The exterior is Wilkinson sandstone. The central foyer is faced with white and gray Alaskan marble, very high quality white oak was used throughout the building, bronze was used for the window frames, entry doors and grills and the light fixtures were of the highest quality. The Supreme Court Chamber is is in the west section and the Law Library is in the east section. The building is named as the Temple of Justice.
The Temple of Justice was the first building to be constructed in the Capitol Complex. Construction started on March 16, 1912 and was occupied in 1913. The building was completed on September 22, 1920 and faces south towards the State Capitol.
See: The Supreme Court is located in Thurston County.
Photos taken 2016